Roller Set Your Way to Sleek, Bouncy, Healthy Hair

Discussions about hair styles. Please post pictures of hair styles here.

Roller Set Your Way to Sleek, Bouncy, Healthy Hair

Postby essentious » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:53 am

Roller setting is one of the best methods for obtaining straight hair without the direct heat of a flat iron or curling iron. Roller setting may not an easy process, but it can be learned with plenty of practice and patience. Here are some key things to remember when roller setting your hair.

1. Make sure your hair is very wet. If your hair begins to dry, you will not be able to get the hair to lie smoothly against the roller. This is a key to roller setting, so keep your spray bottle close at hand.

2. Use small parts. If you create too large of a part, the excess hair will be too much to fit neatly around the roller. Any hair that does not fit neatly around the roller will not dry smoothly.

3. Use fewer products. The fewer products you use in your roller set, the lighter and better your hair will feel. Try using a diluted solution of water and your favorite leave in if you want a light bouncy roller set. You can use setting lotion if you want your curls to remain defined and have more hold.

4. Practice, Practice, Practice. This is the real way to get a great roller set. The more you do it, the easier it becomes. Always have a plan B for the first few times you complete your roller set in case your hair does not come out as you desired. Perhaps you can wrap the hair afterwards or flat iron the roots. You can even do a cute up-do to survive till your next wash.

5. Make changes. After every roller set, ask yourself what you can do better next time. Should the hair be more wet? Should I have used a different size roller? Then make sure that you incorporate those changes into your next roller set. You should get a better result each time you do.

6. Do not roll too tightly. If you are experiencing some breakage after removing rollers, then roll hair a little looser than previously. Ensure that you are still keeping the hair smooth against the roller. Hair stretches when it is wet then goes back to its natural length as it dries. If you roll to tightly, you hair may snap and break as it goes back to its normal length.

Roller setting is a great styling option when growing your hair because you can straighten your hair after the roller set without having to use additional heat or you can wear your hair curly without having to use a curling iron. While roller setting does require the heat of a hooded dryer, the heat is not directly applied to the hair like most styling tools. You can even air dry your hair if you have the time. This method saves your hair from even more exposure to potentially damaging heat.
essentious
Site Admin

Re: Roller Set Your Way to Sleek, Bouncy, Healthy Hair

Postby Zee » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:51 pm

Cool info thanks!
Zee

Postby dylannme » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:43 am

Thanks for this tips. I think it's very useful to me. I'm gonna try it and excited to know the result for my hair.
dylannme
Amateur

Postby joannallen1 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:54 pm

will try this style! sounds so cute
joannallen1
Amateur

Postby Godis » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:13 pm

Roller setting made my hair look thick and healthy i strongly recommend it
Godis
Contributor